Re: [dev] [dwm] visible only if needed [patch]

From: julien steinhauser <skls_AT_alternametz.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 21:03:18 +0200

On Mon, Jul 04, 2011 at 03:19:12PM +0200, Hiltjo Posthuma wrote:

> I'm not sure if you intended it
> as an upstream patch, but most people probably won't like it in
> upstream dwm.

I know there are some people using dwm around here,
it was intended for who could find a use case to it.

> Note that drawsquare() is not only used for showing if a
> tag is used by clients but also to indicate floating clients in the
> titlebar so your patch removes that also.

I forgot about that as I don't use floating layout.

> I personally don't like
> hiding the border if there is only one client, it saves only a few
> negligable pixels

Sure, that wasn't meant for the pixels, I just like the border
to be here only when it's useful, one less eye-distraction on the screen.

> and makes the code a bit more complex and
> inconsistent.

I may have added the inconsistency myself because the original patch
didn't cover everything I wanted it to and as I previously said
I have no coding background. ( it just works )

> If you didnt intended it as an upstream patch then all
> is good :)

I'd have to learn coding before requesting upstream inclusion. :)

Thanks for feedback and sharing.