Re: [dev] [dwm] sloppy focus

From: Ethan Grammatikidis <eekee57_AT_fastmail.fm>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 20:39:21 +0100

On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 13:46:20 -0400 (EDT)
"Benjamin R. Haskell" <suckless_AT_benizi.com> wrote:

> That said, what do people here use for IRC and how do you deal with it
> in dwm? Without a systray, I don't understand where one gets the spare
> screen real estate to dedicate to IRC. And w/o dedicated space for it,
> I end up forgetting it's there (to the annoyance of people who want

I used to deal with it with multiple monitors or even multiple machines, but that was a bit of a failure. My attention was spread too thinly, I felt drained while not achieving much either in or out of IRC. Now I have IRC on a workspace of its own. I dip into it frequently but irregularly, not breaking my concentration unless I want to. When I look at it, I look into whichever channels I feel like at the time. Sometimes I scan through all which have had any activity. If someone's used my name I hunt through backlog until I find it and usually reply.