Re: [dev] [wmii] Flash in fullscreen regularly freezes screen

From: dtk <dtk_AT_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 13:16:35 +0200

On 05.08.2011 01:32, Suraj N. Kurapati wrote:
> On Fri 05 Aug 2011 12:37:52 AM PDT, dtk wrote:
>> putting the flash player on a website into fullscreen regularly
>> (very -.-) freezes my screen.
>
> On my system, only the flash video "freezes"
that may well be, but since it's in fullscreen, nothing on the screen
gets refreshed anymore. Is that what happens with you, too, or doesn't
your player enter fullscreen before freezing?

So it may just be a flash player problem? We are running very different
versions, though. Honestly, the flash plugin should not be able to
freeze the whole screen and never return control :( Maybe I should try
an alternate (open) implementation.

> stops rendering new
> frames,
yes
> but audio continues playing normally.
yes
> However, on YouTube,
> the fullscreen video is still responsive because I can press Escape
> to dismiss the fullscreen state
hmm, unsure. I think I can dismiss fullscreen mode with Esc, since I
seem then to be able to defocus the player, but obviously nothing of
that can be seen on the (frozen) screen
> and can also click to pause/resume.
yes. Though sometimes, when switching to fullscreen very early when the
vid is still loading, it seems like it never starts to play.

$ uname -a
Linux blackboxx 2.6.35-30-generic #56-Ubuntu SMP Mon Jul 11 20:00:22 UTC
2011 i686 GNU/Linux

$ wmii -v
wmii-hg2788+, ©2010 Kris Maglione

$ aptitude show adobe-flashplugin | grep Version
Version: 10.3.181.34-0maverick1

btw, I use pentadactyl as well; though in different versions on the two
boxes that show the problem, iirc.

@Suraj If you see it, but Kris doesn't, does that mean the problem might
be related to rumai?

Thanks for the support, anyone