Re: [dev] [dwm] OpenOffice popups go to the wrong tag

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 18:11:47 +0100

Hey,

On 9 August 2011 16:32, Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk> wrote:
> * I open a new oocalc, with a password-protected file
>  PROBLEM: the enter password floating window is opened in
>  tag 1 (as it's associated with the original oocalc, I
>  suppose.)

The problem is these damn "singleton" applications which insist on
using the same window rather than separate ones for each process. As
far as dwm is concerned one is claiming to be a transient window for
the other, and it's handling the case correctly.

Could you post the output of xprop for the two windows?

(Side note: I wonder whether a newly mapped client which has no
visible tag should be considered to be "urgent".)

Thanks,
cls