Re: [dev] [dwm] OpenOffice popups go to the wrong tag]

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 09:26:41 +0100

(apologies for breaking threading)

Connor Lane Smith wrote:
> The problem is these damn "singleton" applications which insist on
> using the same window rather than separate ones for each process. As
> far as dwm is concerned one is claiming to be a transient window for
> the other, and it's handling the case correctly.

Thanks both for the explanation.

Eckehard, your suggested patch didn't work; seemingly the floating
window is never mapped to any tag at all. But I don't really want
to potentially break other applications just to make oocalc's
behaviour less obnoxious.

Connor Lane Smith wrote:
> Could you post the output of xprop for the two windows?
Attached (pwwinprop is the popped up enter password window,
existingwinprop is the already open oocalc).