Re: [dev] [dwm] Setting Initial Geometry for Floating Windows

From: Bert Münnich <ber.t_AT_gmx.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 17:28:32 +0200

On 17.08.11, Bastien Dejean wrote:
> Is there any patch to make dwm handles a ruled based user specified
> initial geometry for floating windows?

I've just hacked together a working patch for dwm 5.9.
It adds a member named "geometry" to the Rule struct, enabling you to
add a typical X geometry string (WIDTHxHEIGHT+X+Y) to any rule in your
config.h.
See the rules array in config.def.h after applying the patch to see an
example.

Please note, that this patch is not well tested and that it is kind of
anti-dwm. I wrote it because I was bored.

Bert