Re: [dev] [dwm] scrot -s fails

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 00:19:41 +0100

Hey,

On 19 August 2011 22:51, anonymous <p37sitdu_AT_lavabit.com> wrote:
> I have tried to do the same thing.  Bound scrot to MODKEY+g, pressed
> it and switched to first TTY.  It says "giblib error: couldn't grab
> keyboard: Resource temporarily unavailable".  Don't know how to fix it,
> but i think it is a problem in dwm.

I think this is a bug in scrot. Every X utility worth its salt runs a
loop attempting to bind the keyboard a number of times (see dmenu, but
there are many others), since the resource *can* be temporarily
unavailable. Scrot does not.

This may be a bug in dwm, if you try looping and it fails, but I doubt it.

Thanks,
cls