[dev] [surf] patch to toggle javascript

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 17:36:36 +0100

I've rather changed my mind about surf. While webkit-gtk is a very
long way from suckless, surf is somewhat hackable (depending on the
task), and script.js is quite useful if you're prepared to roll up
your sleeves and do battle with js & the dom.

Netsurf has proven less stable than I'd like (I still wish it the
best, and look forward to its progress), and dillo's lack of
extension through something akin to script.js just makes it less
useful than I'd like.

Anyway, I'm attaching a patch which adds a keybinding to toggle
script enabling. I find it useful, not least to be able to enable
scripts to use something in script.js (like link hints), then
disable it again.

In other news, I happen to be very fond of my ssl verification patch
- http://lists.suckless.org/dev/1102/7041.html - could someone wise
and trustworthy consider applying it? (incidentally, I looked
into a ssh-style trusted site fingerprints model, and it's
basically impossible to do with libsoup at present. this is a good
example of why building on top of horrible enormous libraries is a
nasty thing to do if it can be avoided.)