[dev] [wmii] modkey-2 misbehaving on dvorak keyboard after a change in wmiirc_local

From: Mr. Bougs <mrbougs_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 19:29:31 +0200

Hello,

I'm running wmii's hg tip (rev 2788).

I just experienced a strange behaviour with the specific shortcut
$MODKEY-2 after switching from the be (azerty) to the us dvorak-intl xkb
layout. When using that shortcut, the current window seems to lose focus
(the title bar stays highlighted). When I press it again, the window
gains focus and it inputs a 2.

xev shows nothing interesting. The problem does not happen in openbox
and is independent on the definition of $MODKEY, so it must be wmii's
fault somehow.

I had inserted these few lines into wi_events in my wmiirc_local:

   #Additional tag shortcut for 0
   Key $MODKEY-twosuperior
       wmiir xwrite /ctl view "0"
   Key $MODKEY-Shift-twosuperior
       wmiir xwrite /client/sel/ctl tags "0"

The ² key is the upper left key on belgian keyboards, to the left of 1.
Everything worked fine on the belgian layout. Commenting these lines out
made MODKEY-2 work as expected on dvorak.

Since I don't need this specific twosuperior shortcut on a dvorak
keyboard, this does not bother me, but I thought it was a strange enough
behaviour to be worth mentioning here.

Should I submit this to the bug tracker, or does it need more info?

Thank you for your attention,
Mr. B