Re: [dev] New hardware migration

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 12:11:31 +0200

On 28 August 2011 12:03, Troels Henriksen <athas_AT_sigkill.dk> wrote:
> Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com> writes:
>> I just want to mention that I will migrate suckless.org to a new host
>> during the following weeks. I take this chance also to dramatically
>> overhaul and sweeping the wiki contents and the weirde default look
>> and feel. My plan is to revert the basic structure of the wiki back to
>> be more like the werc default with a side menu instead for the actual
>> content, and a top-line menu for the different sub-domains.
>>
>> Most of the URLs will survive, but some crappy content will be
>> deleted.
>
> What crappy content?

It's less about the content but more about the structure. Like some
stuff in the suckless.org scope is separated in different
sub-directories or pages, when it belongs together. I planned this
cleanup for too long already that this is the next thing before
approaching something more substantial.

>> Can someone remind me on the state of wmii? Is it abandoned/stalled?
>> Is a relocation elsewhere planned yet or not?
>
> As I understand it, it moved to Google Code some time ago:
> http://code.google.com/p/wmii/

Well the code is there and an issue tracker exists. But it refers to
wmii.suckless.org for everything else. So either wmii stays at
suckless.org fully or it is completely migrated to Google code. But
having a half-hearted between the chairs homepage sucks.

In an earlier mail I opted for Google Code, as wmii has grown so large
that it can't really be considered suckless... :)
To be fair, it never intended to be suckless, as it predates the
suckless community.

Cheers,
Anselm