Re: [dev] DWM: click through

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 07:23:43 +0200

On 12 September 2011 23:17, Roman Z. <romanz_AT_lavabit.com> wrote:
> I've deactivated the "focus follows mouse" feature.  I did this by
> commenting out the enternotify event handler:
>
> static void (*handler[LASTEvent]) (XEvent *) = {
>  /* [EnterNotify] = enternotify, */
>
> But now I'm experiencing this problem: Whenever I click into an
> unfocused window, it is not handled by the program inside the window.
> Instead, it only focuses the window.  This is most annoying when using
> GIMP, since you change windows often.  I've been trying to find a way to
> pass clicks directly to unfocused windows and focus them at the same
> time but I haven't been successful.  Any ideas?

dwm was designed for focus follows mouse. Anyhow, to achieve what you
are after you have to pass on the click you receive to the client
window synthetically as until the client receives the focus dwm grabs
for mouse events on such a client window.

If I remember correctly, the evilwm code contains some clues how to
achieve this properly (but I might be wrong).

Cheers,
Anselm