[dev] [surf] download patch updated

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 14:36:48 +0100

Howdy,

I recently got around to updating the patch posted to the list in
July last year by Carlos, which builds downloading into surf rather
than relying on e.g. wget. While this sounds like a bad idea, it
isn't, as it's needed for horrible javascript sorts of downloads,
such as from rapidshare and megaupload.

The main update I did to the Carlos' patch was to build in the
download HTML to surf proper, rather than relying on a download.html
in the user's .surf directory.

In other surf news, I created a page on the wiki
http://surf.suckless.org/failing_sites - if anyone finds something
that doesn't work in surf, please detail it there (or on the mailing
list). While surf is very far from perfect, it's the most reasonable
way of using today's web that I've found, and I'd rather like to
keep it working.

Nick