Re: [dev] Introducing XLSH

From: Mikael Schönenberg <schonenberg_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 15:10:28 +0200

2011/10/21 Michał Siejak <michal_AT_siejak.pl>:
> Back to the topic: xlsh github page now has proper wiki with HOWTOs on
> compiling and installing it on Arch and Ubuntu Linux as well as
> configuration articles. Head to: https://github.com/Nadrin/xlsh/wiki

Thanks for writing this, Michał.

Some reports on getting it working on Debian. In order to start it as
your X display manager you need the following line in your
/etc/inittab:
x:2:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/xlshd -f

Similar to arch, but different runlevel.

Since the xdotool in debian/wheezy does not support the --sync option
to the search command, I had to apply the hack in attached diff to
give the xterm window focus. I'm sure there are better ways, it it
seems to work.

Also, xlsh fails to set my PATH to what's in include/config.h, but
rather leaves it as /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin as
specified in xlshrc. I don't know why.

--
Mikael Schönenberg