Re: [dev] [dwm] 2000 SLOC

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 22:21:19 +0100

On 31 October 2011 16:41, Jonathan Slark <jonathan.slark_AT_talktalk.net> wrote:
> Thinking about it what I don't like about CSS is that the majority of the
> web has a white background.  Yes, you can try and use custom CSS but then
> most of the web then looks ugly.

... because it clashes with the developers' CSS. That's the problem. I
think there ought to be pure style-free semantic HTML, and then users
can style every site to fit their personal needs, without it resulting
in ugly. Unfortunately people take the opportunity to fill their sites
with useless text, adverts, and JavaScript, which makes this difficult
to achieve. I want to live in an eternal local 'Readability'.

cls