Re: [dev] [dwm] nicer web (was: 2000 SLOC)

From: Stephen Paul Weber <singpolyma_AT_singpolyma.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 12:57:27 +0000

Somebody claiming to be Kai Hendry wrote:
>As someone who has been a bit of WHATWG/HTML5 fan boy over the years,
>I find the latest round of dev list Web moaning a little naive to say
>the least. Unless you guys are trying to be funny or sarcastic (aka
>lowest form of wit). Sometimes it's hard to tell. :)

I think maybe you're the one that's naive. 90% of the HTML/CSS specs is
awesome, but that doesn't prevent people from doing terrible things with
them, and it never will. You cannot design an environment where morons
won't try to deliver you broken content to try to maximize what they want at
your expense.

Perhaps you love the WHATWG enough to miss the point: we keep hiring
magazine-trained designers to build websites. Standards can't fix that.

--
Stephen Paul Weber, _AT_singpolyma
See <http://singpolyma.net> for how I prefer to be contacted