Re: [dev] [dwm] nicer web (was: 2000 SLOC)

From: Bryan Bennett <bbenne10_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 09:49:26 -0400

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 8:57 AM, Stephen Paul Weber
<singpolyma_AT_singpolyma.net> wrote:
> Perhaps you love the WHATWG enough to miss the point: we keep hiring
> magazine-trained designers to build websites.  Standards can't fix that.

This is the crux of the problem. Couldn't have expressed the issue
better myself.
We need to train designers and developers to truly separate content
from presentation
and then impart meaningful hierarchy upon the actual data. This will mean that
users can specify that we don't want a server side stylesheet and
allow the hierarchy
to come through clearly.