Re: [dev] [dwm] mapping wm state, and other stories

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 12:54:35 +0100

Hey,

On 01/11/2011, Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com> wrote:
> It would also be nice if dwm supported _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE hints as
> well, so we can make _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_DIALOG windows float.

This has been fixed by Christoph's patch, already applied to tip.

> dwm honours
> _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN client messages in clientmessage(), but
> ignores the property in manage(). We ought to refactor fullscreen
> toggling into a new function and check for the property when the
> window is mapped.

I've attached a patch for this. However, I've assumed that fullscreen
Flash sets _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN prior to mapping, so we'll have to
test to make sure.

On 01/11/2011, Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com> wrote:
> This code breaks when the centre is on neither monitor. I'll look into
> making dwm do this by calculating the area of intersection (a small
> macro from dmenu).

I've written a patch for this too, but I rarely have access to a
multi-monitor setup so could only dry run it. If someone could test
that this actually works that would be great.

Thanks,
cls