Re: [dev] [dwm] mapping wm state, and other stories

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 12:19:10 +0000

On 1 November 2011 11:27, Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Well applying monocle will lead to other problems. Some fullscreen
> windows will destroy themselves when they loose the input focus (for
> example flash)

They sound like broken clients to me, but fair enough, I think we
should do this, then:

On 1 November 2011 11:11, Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Also I would say that accidentally focussing windows that are behind
> the fullscreen window is a user interaction bug. If that's really an
> issue others also have (I rarely had this issue) we could consider
> preventing key bindings or mouse actions that toggle the focus through
> checking selmon->sel->isfullscreen or somtheing similar.

> I don't think so. A window belongs to the monitor where its center is.
> If the center is very close to a boundary

This code breaks when the centre is on neither monitor. I'll look into
making dwm do this by calculating the area of intersection (a small
macro from dmenu).

I still think you should be able to cycle through any floating window
which occupies the selmon, but that would require a radical change in
our Xinerama support. I might write a supplement patch anyway.

Thanks,
cls