[dev] [dwm] auto switch to the app's tag

From: nxt7 <k7e5te3r_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 20:14:11 +0300

Hello!

Is it possible to make dwm to switch to the tag where application is
started according to the "Rules" section of config file? viewontag patch
works only with already started applications and does not suit for
applications started through command line or file type associations from
file managers. On this[1] forum I was told that such functionality is
already present in dwm but I tried both vanilla dwm 5.8 and dwm-hg (without
any patches) and found nothing similar to desired behavior. Can somebody
explain the situation?

[1]https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1025878#p1025878