Re: [dev] [st] Drawing performance

From: Aurélien Aptel <aurelien.aptel_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 18:27:50 +0100

I've profiled slowtest.sh with the latest changeset in the default
branch. Attached is a simple graph with the less time consuming
functions hidden and a full graph with everything. See [1] for help on
readings these graphs.

- I have no idea why tputtab is <spontaneous> according to gprof.
- The most time consuming function is tsetchar() which is normal since
it basically adds a glyph to the terminal internal representation.
- I don't understand why slowtest.sh is really laggy.

1: http://code.google.com/p/jrfonseca/wiki/Gprof2Dot#Output

full-profile.png
(image/png attachment: full-profile.png)

simple-profile.png
(image/png attachment: simple-profile.png)