Re: [dev] cat unique deice identifier e.g. serial number

From: hiro <23hiro_AT_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 14:17:37 +0100

It evolved from a *non*-unique hardware identification which triggered
automatic kernel module downloads. Was too difficult, so I'm back to
doing everything manually again. Although this means some machines
with different ids load the same list of stuff.
No real overhead, because most stuff is buggy, thus needs special care anyway.