Re: [dev] [perl] Saturdays troll

From: Paul Onyschuk <blink_AT_bojary.koba.pl>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 16:17:59 +0100

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 15:48:52 +0100
Anselm R Garbe wrote:

> Indeed, here we go:
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl
> exec("sudo", "rm", "-rf", "/");
>
> But be careful executing this. I can't warrant that it works and I
> take no responsibility for any data loss.

I'm not sure if it works anymore. Most popular used rm(1) version,
which is from GNU coreutils comes with some protection of the filesystem
root, you need "--no-preserve-root" option AFAIK.

More subtle solution would look like:

$ sudo chmod -x bash && sudo chmod -x chmod

If /bin/sh is linked to bash it can be interesting. Maybe /sbin/init or
something else is better target. Still no actual data is destroyed, so
chmod usage is limited.