Re: [dev] Wayland

From: Kurt H Maier <khm-suckless_AT_intma.in>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 13:10:52 -0500

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 03:52:01PM +0000, Nick wrote:

> I disagree, presuming I understood you correctly. You just
> draw stuff straight into an OpenGL buffer. Or get your
> toolkit to do that. How is this not a reasonable thing to
> do?

Because it's the same attitude that makes X11 and terminal interfaces
suck. "Just draw stuff straight into {Xlib, terminal}. Or get
{ncurses, gtk, qt, sdl, fltk, tk, whatever} to do that." What you wind
up with is either lowest-common-denominator shit like ncurses, which
makes everything suck, or you get little qt/gtk circlejerks, which makes
everything suck in different ways, or else you get both, and wxwidgets
is possibly the suckest of them all.