Re: [dev] regarding surf and cookie handling

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 19:22:01 +0100

Greetings.

Calvin Morrison wrote:
> I have written my own tabbed browser called sb [1], it has cookie
> handling built in very simple and the cookie file is a flat file
> format. This is all done with libsoup.
>
> The code required to do this is minimal, and in my code it took 2 lines [2]
>
> w.jar = soup_cookie_jar_text_new(g_build_filename(g_get_home_dir(),
> DEFAULT_COOKIE_FILE, NULL), FALSE);
> soup_session_add_feature(w.session, SOUP_SESSION_FEATURE(w.jar));
>
> When I do this I can use multiple processes to access and write to the
> cookies. Logging out in one process will logout me from the website in
> another process using the same site, once I reload the page.

Why didn't you commit a patch to surf instead of writing your
own?

Now there is yet another surf clone with a different hand-
ling and yet another crappy intendation style.

And btw., »GPLv3 except stuff under MIT/X from surf« – I don't
think such culture bolshevism is legal.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann