[dev] dwm: strange statusbar behaviour

From: Swiatoslaw Gal <swiatoslaw.gal_AT_univie.ac.at>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 18:19:10 +0100

Dear gals and guys,

I have an old thinkpad tablet, which I use as a desktop (the screen
got broken and I detached it). It starts, by default, in 1024x768
mode, and then dwm and its statusbar work fine. If I correct
the resolution to the monitor specification (eg. 1280x1024) either
by xrandr, or tweaking xorg.conf, there is something strange.

When I click on tags in the statusbar the highlight changes, but
the tags stay the same. Contrary, if I use alt-# I switch tags,
but with no effect on the status bar. Also, no little squares
indicating windows in tags are shown in the statusbar. As if
it was referring to a missing laptop display!?

Alt-b hides only (right) half of the statusbar.

Going down to 1024x768 cancels all those weird effects.

Any idea?

Sincerely,
s.