Re: [dev] C talk

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 10:49:13 +0100

Greetings.

Florian Limberger wrote:
> I think about giving a short talk about C and why to use it on a small
> student event at my local university this weekend.
> Does anybody have pointers to some stuff like that?

As mentioned before: C is the higher-level Assembler and it should
be seen like that. This will then easily show the pros and cons of
using it in a project, like low footprint but much work for complex
data structures.

If someone still follows you, then show the magic of pointer in-
direction and afterwards the difference of runtimea and footprint
of maybe some Python script vs. C.

The last step would be to show them the suckless manifesto and tell
them, that only C programmers get chicks and have free time. Java
will force you into business and a suit.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann