Re: [dev] Suckless ML archiver?

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 18:27:00 +0100

On 3 March 2012 21:21, Scott Lawrence <bytbox_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> I notice that project_ideas lists having a decent mailing list web archiver
> system as a goal - I've been parsing RFC5322 messages anyway, so here's a
> quick hack of an archiver[1]. 300 lines of go (not counting the go-mail
> library, which adds another 300). Takes an mbox files and spits out a
> directory full of html-ified messages and an index file, with threading
> shown in a manner similar to (hy|pi)permail et al. Sorry I don't have any
> demo online - I don't have any interesting mbox files to run it on. No
> multipart support ATM, although it's easy to add, since that's in the go
> stdlib.
>
> There are plenty of things that still need to be done to make this decent;
> if there's interest, I'd be happy to take suggestions and get it fully
> working. This is a just a "hey look at me!".
>
> [1] https://github.com/bytbox/slark

The mlmmj output format is a directory consisting of files (1-n) where
each contains a single message in mbox format. The number (1-n) is
incremented for each message. For instance the dev_AT_suckless.org
mailing list directory contains 11359 message files as of now. You
could extend your archiver to work on such a directory structure. Once
done, I would give it a go on the dev_AT_suckless.org messages.

Cheers,
Anselm