Re: [dev] dmenu idea and diff, Ability to set menu width

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 18:30:51 +0100

On 7 March 2012 07:05, Josh Hogan <josh_AT_sarafynn.org> wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback on the diff format, I was using the normal old diff
> tool for the original diff file.  I created and attached a new one using hg
> diff  which looks like it would fit the format you mentioned.  The patch is
> built from the mercurial tip from about 2 days ago.

I think this is only useful for the vertical dmenu mode. Wouldn't it
be more useful to determine the width dynamically instead for the
longest menu item in such a case? (Initially full screen width, but
once all input items have been processed a resize would do). Thus an
additional flage wouldn't be required either.

Cheers,
Anselm