Re: [dev] [dwm] dynamic environment variables

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 17:36:14 +0100

Hey,

On 19 May 2012 17:26, Swiatoslaw Gal <swiatoslaw.gal_AT_univie.ac.at> wrote:
> I am wondering if it is possible to implement some (synamic) management of
> environment variables, so, for example I could change HTTP_PROXY when I hook my
> laptop in a new place, and all the processes started from now on would respect
> it.

It wouldn't be a perfect solution, but you could just alter your dwm
cmd functions to call a script which set the environment correctly and
then execs the given command. Of course, this wouldn't work for
processes run from terminals unless you also ran them through this
script. But Unix doesn't have Plan 9's env(3), so solutions are
limited.

cls