[dev] [dwm] dynamic environment variables

From: Swiatoslaw Gal <swiatoslaw.gal_AT_univie.ac.at>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 18:26:30 +0200

I am wondering if it is possible to implement some (synamic) management of
environment variables, so, for example I could change HTTP_PROXY when I hook my
laptop in a new place, and all the processes started from now on would respect
it. I see some problems, it would work if I start my browser via dmenu, but
not from terminal or tabbed. It seems that one cannot (easily) modify
/proc/PID/environ. Sucking window managers do that with dbus which is dirty...

Sincerely,
s.