Re: [dev] [surf] port for gtk3

From: Luis Anaya <papoanaya_AT_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 09:48:14 -0400

Calvin Morrison <mutantturkey_AT_gmail.com> writes:

>> > are you from the past?
>> Pretty close: I use Slackware.
>
> I am wondering if there are any advantages to using gtk3?

My 2 cents... without any support material.

1. The biggest motivation would be library support going forward if the
gtk2 libraries get deprecated.

2. I am not sure if there are any performance improvement in
execution. My gut feeling is that it will not matter much.

3. Considering that the GTK1 libraries were being delivered for a long
time after the GTK2 ones were available in Linux distros, I would expect
a long phasing time for these as well.

FWIW:

I'm still running Fedora 11 in my main work system. When the system is
working just right. no need to tinker with it. :)

--
Luis Anaya
papo anaya aroba hot mail punto com