Re: [dev] [surf] port for gtk3

From: Jens Staal <staal1978_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 18:03:36 +0200

tisdagen den 19 juni 2012 11.11.14 skrev Calvin Morrison:
> All of that, to say - we cannot (and I don't think anyone does)
> pretend that surf's underlying core doesn't suck - glib is a
> nightmare to work with and Qt isn't much better. the whole g-blob is
> terrible, but we wrap it up and pretend it is pretty. I sometimes wish
> that there was a suckless widget set that worked well but only did
> that - widgets. Then it would be fun to port webkit to that widget set
> ... anyway i'll stop tangenting.

There is always the EFL variant of webkit [1], which apparently should be
pretty close to the GTK variant. The sad thing is probably that lots of suck
still occurs through the "webkit" C++ part...
Too bad netsurf's pure C libraries like the hubbub HTML5 library [2] are not
more widely adopted/developed.

[1] http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/EFLWebKit
[2] http://www.netsurf-browser.org/projects/hubbub/