Re: [dev] fceux in fullscreen

From: Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 23:01:08 +0200

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 9:32 PM, Manolo Martínez
<manolo_AT_austrohungaro.com> wrote:
> On 07/03/12 at 06:36pm, Bjartur Thorlacius wrote:
>> Can you verify that the rectangle is in fact not a new top-level
>> window but an in-window artifact of SDL by logging window mapping
>> requests in your X11 server.
>>

> Is the attached patch what you meant? (Sorry, my C is very basic).

I meant to suggest patching Xorg, but this zorks just as well.

> If it is, when I open new windows they do leave a XID at my
> /tmp/errores.txt file but, interestingly, fceux does not. Not even the
> tiny floating window, let alone the fullscreen version.

I don't know what fceux is, nor do I know how SDL works. I do have a
hunch that the black rectangle is a hack fceux' SDL uses to obscure
other windows (so they won't repaint themselfes), or some
pseudo-input-only (with output) to get around some limitation in X11
instead of using proper input-onl windows.

> It's entirely possible that I have misinterpreted your instructions, though.
> Let me know if that's the case.

This got me the information I wanted, even if by slightly differently
from what I had in mind.

I don't understand why exactly fceux creates this window, though.