Re: [dev] [st] New patches

From: Aurélien Aptel <aurelien.aptel_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 12:46:50 +0200

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 12:38 PM, Roberto E. Vargas Caballero
<k0ga_AT_shike2.com> wrote:
> Main use of this feature (actually) is only helping to debug. When you are
> debugging escape sequences is very useful have the ascii sequence that some
> program writes to the terminal. I don't know if you can get it with expect.

If the only use is to debug it shouldn't be exposed to users and it's
doesn't need to be fast. Besides there's already a dump() function you
can modify/use.
There is also this great tool called teseq [1] to debug escape
sequences, I don't know if you've heard of it. Really handy.

1: https://www.gnu.org/software/teseq/