Re: [dev] [st] New patches

From: Roberto E. Vargas Caballero <k0ga_AT_shike2.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 13:36:06 +0200

> If the only use is to debug it shouldn't be exposed to users and it's

I only implemented a goal of the project (I don't know who insert that goal
to) that was very useful for me.

> doesn't need to be fast. Besides there's already a dump() function you
> can modify/use.
> There is also this great tool called teseq [1] to debug escape
> sequences, I don't know if you've heard of it. Really handy.

The problem is not debug the sequence itself, the problem is get the full
text of the terminal. For example I got some problems with some telnet
servers which sends some NUL and SOH characters, or I have a problem with
emacs which prints some garbage in the screen sometimes (but only with
TERM=st, because this problem is not preset with TERM=xterm).

I can not fix this problems if I don't know what it it writing the program.