Re: [dev] [st] line drawing?

From: Stephen Paul Weber <singpolyma_AT_singpolyma.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 09:35:46 -0500

Somebody claiming to be Roberto E. Vargas Caballero wrote:
>It is a problem related to the switch to Xft. It impossible a font
>has all the unicode glyphs, so if the font fails in a glyph you have a
>problem. It is not clear for us how other terminals fix this problem, but
>maybe we should add this issue to the TODO list.

Unicode characters that my font (Terminus) supports just fine (tested in
gedit and other programs by setting the font there) such as … and ™ do not
render correctly (and many also did not on the pre-Xft version), so maybe
there is a problem with Unicode handling in general?

--
Stephen Paul Weber, _AT_singpolyma
See <http://singpolyma.net> for how I prefer to be contacted