Re: [dev] [surf] More convenience

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 16:41:16 +0000

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 05:22:01PM +0100, Hiltjo Posthuma wrote:
> Some sites check the HTTP referrer

Ah, good point, I'd forgotten about that. Such sites seem to be
reasonably rare, but worth supporting.

> For privacy reasons it's probably best to only pass the referrer
> if the target download uri is from the same site.

Not sure about this. We happily pass the referrer around everywhere
else. Privoxy allows referrer stripping (and I have used it for
that), I'd be inclined to keep such stuff away from the browser
itself. And some sites would no doubt care about referrer, but be on
a different domain (edge / cloud / mirror / whatever they're called).