Re: [dev] I'm back

From: Jens Staal <staal1978_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 21:28:52 +0100

söndagen den 18 november 2012 07.42.52 skrev Strake:
> One may use stacking bind mounts rather than symlinks. I know no
> decent such fs in Linux kernel space, as aufsn and unionfs seem
> cumbersome, but it ought to not be too difficult in user space, as 9p
> server.

This is indeed a really cool aspect of Plan9. I definitely think that a system
that could get rid of stuff like a PATH variable and replace it with union
mounts and private namespaces would be very nice.

I have done some union mounting using FUSE but one probably would have to have
a better performing system to really base the whole logic of the system on its
union mount capabilities.