Re: [dev] I'm back

From: Luis Anaya <papoanaya_AT_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 21:53:26 -0500

Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com> writes:

> -> is there anyone who uses the mouse functionality of the dwm bar
> right now? Could you live without it?

FWIW:

I've used it on occasion. But I can certainly live without it, using the keys
combination it is fine.

> I barely use the mouse for the dwm bar and would be in favour for
> removing the bar altogether from dwm. Instead I would output the
> current dwm state to stdout which could be used by a different program
> like sbar for input. But I wouldn't add an interface to dwm to change

I like the bar because it provides a visual reference on which part of
the environment you're working on. I can see the case if the removal is
required to advance the application, but I will still see it as a loss.
Using sbar or dzen2 would be ok with me if that's the decision.

Worst case, can it be determined at compilation time with a -D compiler
switch? Just a thought.

> dmenu
> -----

I am still using version 3 because I like it better than 4. That's just
my preference though. I am an avid user of dmenu in different types of
environment. (wmii, metacity, openbox, etc..), I would certainly welcome
improvements to it. :).

Welcome back... and as always, your efforts are appreciated.

--
Luis Anaya
papo anaya aroba hot mail punto com