[dev] [st] Terminus font

From: <p37sitdu_AT_lavabit.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 22:58:59 +0400

I had problems with font set to
"Terminus:pixelsize=16:antialias=false:autohint=false".

Line drawing characters and all non-english characters were replaced
with squares.

There were some messages in this mailing list with suggestion to use
Liberation Mono [1][2]. Liberation Mono looks ugly (for me) so I
looked for proper solution.

In fact there are no problems with Terminus. As README states "A lot
of characters are available only under X11/ISO10646-1
(UTF+8/Unicode)." But instead of using "make install" I had to use
"make install-pcf-646" so only ter-x*.pcf fonts are installed. This
way unicode Terminus fonts are used and there are no missing
characters.

Is there any way to make Xft use "ter-x*.pcf" files without removing
other ter-*.pcf files? Maybe that way we can return back to Terminus
as default font.

[1] http://lists.suckless.org/dev/1209/12519.html
[2] http://lists.suckless.org/dev/1209/12515.html