Re: [dev] [suckless] Migration to git

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 11:39:04 +0000

> I am proposing a migration of all mercurial to git repositories.

Sounds good to me. I love git, and use it everywhere else. The
interface is fine once you're used to it, and given that it's so
much more widely used than hg, more people will probably be familiar
with it than mercurial anyway.

> For the web interface on git.suckless.org I am proposing cgit, which is
> fast and written in C.

I use cgit and like it a lot. It's fast and attractive and usable
(by web standards). The only thing is that it has security
vulnerabilities not infrequently, but so long as it's installed in a
way that is easy to upgrade that shouldn't be too awful. A werc git
bridge would be interesting, but presumably if that hasn't been
built it's a trickier challenge than I thought.