[dev] [suckless] Migration to git

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 11:25:18 +0100

Greetings comrades,

I am proposing a migration of all mercurial to git repositories. Git is
mature and used by nearly all major OSS projects. Mercurial has this
slow prototyping dependency of Python, which is annoying and could be
removed that way. Of course git is still(?) adding a perl dependency. I
hope this can be removed from git.

My proposal is to rename hg.suckless.org to git.suckless.org. There
might be some other (better) versioning system in the future, which will
need another domain. Only the hard reality of »Connection refused«
forces a fast migration.

Dpb on IRC showed me [0], which seems to do a near to perfect import of
the old hg history. Anyone had bad experiences with this?

For the web interface on git.suckless.org I am proposing cgit, which is
fast and written in C.

How are your thoughts, comrades?

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann