Re: [dev] [st] Border drawing issues

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 20:29:25 +0100

Greetings.

On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 20:29:25 +0100 Lee Fallat <ircsurfer33_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> Here's another bug to report for latest st in git (last night's st). Some
> box characters appear blurred and a little messed up. In rxvt this behavior
> does not happen. I have included example screenshots.
>
> There is a problem with double-width (I think) characters (Chinese) as
> well, but I'll save that for another bug report.

Yes, wide characters are drawing wrong for now, but they are loaded.
This is due to the inability of fontconfig to give back what you tell it
to get back. Instead you have to manually check the result.

For the line drawing bug: Do you have a simple test case for this? While
moving to the fallback mode the pixels are moving off by one. Then I can
more easily test it out.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann