Re: [dev] [surf-5.0] internal download manager

From: v4hn <me_AT_v4hn.de>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 17:05:49 +0100

Hey again,

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 06:00:16PM +0100, v4hn wrote:
> because I hit a nasty bug with https and the wget
> downloader("Not authorized") I ported the internal
> downloader patch to surf 0.5. I tried to improve
> the interface a bit and add a progress bar.

Digging further into that issue I found the webkit
engine adds the prefix "#HttpOnly_" to the relevant
cookie in the cookies.txt and wget therefore gladly ignores
the line. Someone should probably think up a patch for that.
It's enough to strip that prefix. Normally this seems to be
a security issue w.r.t. XSS-attacks, but I'm not sure
that's relevant in this specific case.

> - fix frontend for <1K files. The download is finished,
> before the window is rendered. The JS misses the
> finish signal.

I fixed that issue in the attached code. Not beautiful, but working.
If someone has an idea on how to improve that, do so. :)

v4hn