Re: [dev] [slcon] Call for Papers 2013

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 13:39:54 +0100

Greetings.

On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 13:39:54 +0100 Szabolcs Nagy <nsz_AT_port70.net> wrote:
> * Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net> [2013-03-17 09:40:30 +0100]:
> > The call for registration is over. With 12 registered attendees the con???
> > ference is going to be a nice and productive meeting of all suckless
> > people.
> >
> > People now registering for the event should register a talk too. Other???
> > wise it???s unfair.
>
> umm so the registration is not over yet

Now registrations need a talk to be accepted. The conference location is
based on how many people registered so far. People registering now get
some emergency seats right next to the sewage plant.

> 1) Bugs found by musl
> (what happens when a high quality libc meets our modern
> software ecosystem)
> i plan to pick a few issues and show how a new libc can
> be (and is) beneficial, an assorted list for the curious:
> http://nsz.repo.hu/musl/bugs.html

Sounds good.

> 2) The costs of abstraction
> (why still c is the only serious programming language)
> i dont have much to show for this yet, but i wrote about
> a memory management issue recently that is related:
> http://port70.net/~nsz/41_oom.html

Sounds good too.

Please send the papers for those two presentations to con_AT_suckless.org.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann