Re: [dev] [DWM] Patch: stack mfact

From: Raphael Proust <raphlalou_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 08:41:50 +0000

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 7:17 PM, Jente Hidskes <jthidskes_AT_outlook.com> wrote:
> First of all, when there is an X number of clients in the stack and smfact
> (stackmfact) is increased too much, it will crash DWM. This could be fixed
> by having setsmfact() detect the amount of stacked clients and having it set
> a limit to smfact accordingly.

Not sure it should be upstreamed as is then. Upstreaming a patch that causes
(new) crash is unusual (for any project, suckless or otherwise).

> Two limitations are that only the bottom
> client in the stack can be resized (for me personally this is not an issue)

Was this choice implementation driven? (i.e. "because it is easier to detect
the bottom client rather than the top")

Considering it's easier to push a client to the top of the stack (zoom twice)
it'd be (IMHO) nicer to resize the top client.

Cheers,
--
Raphaƫl Proust