[dev] [DWM] Patch: stack mfact

From: Jente Hidskes <jthidskes_AT_outlook.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 20:17:47 +0100

Hello everyone,

I have yesterday written a patch for DWM that enables resizing clients vertically in the stack. I got quite a few remarks from people who said they found it useful, so I thought it might be applied upstream. It's quite simple, but does have some limitations/issues:

First of all, when there is an X number of clients in the stack and smfact (stackmfact) is increased too much, it will crash DWM. This could be fixed by having setsmfact() detect the amount of stacked clients and having it set a limit to smfact accordingly. Two limitations are that only the bottom client in the stack can be resized (for me personally this is not an issue) and that smfact can not be < 0. An smfact of zero means that all stacked clients have an equal height (so vanilla behaviour)

I have attached the patch to this email. I look forward to your replies; be it concerns, critiques or compliments: this is my first time ever contributing to something upstream.

Thanks,

Jente