[dev] Re: [dev] [st] 0.4.1 release »pufferfish tastes like carp«

From: matti christensen <mattic_AT_iki.fi>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 18:12:48 +0300

Hello Comrades ! ( hope i also may use this phrase as i really would like to )

This is my first post to the list i have been listening for a while.
i'm an old Linux ( and *BSD ) user from kernel version 1.2.13 - and
thus not that young in any way.

Regently i've been hackin w pi as i got one for free and it also is
the cheapest way of learning ARM - 386, PowerPC, UltraSparc and
Loongson are other systems i've been playing with. i am not a
developer but have some things to say of minimalism etc. in building a
system.

As a basis i use CRUX as it is the only system i am able to install
only the bare minimum of stuff - and then have least work in removing
silly stuff after base installation ( like udev, package management,
.... ).

my only thing to say for now is that i noticed your site long time ago
and have been interested in it since because of ideas and principles
of yours. i'll try to compile your software on pi to see how it works
- dwm and st built so far ...

/mc

PS. please be patient as i may have difficulties with english being a
finn ( we were last ones coming out of woods and that's why
communication may be - well, difficult )

--
---keep-IT-simple---