Re: [dev] System shell for sta.li

From: Edgaras <devoas_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 23:04:10 +0300

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 07:47:34PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Anselm R Garbe dixit:
>
> >Can you elaborate on this functionality a bit that mksh provides, but
> >pdksh doesn't?
>
> It’s developed with an attitude I’d call “suckless”, without
> being part of suckless.org though. (And it’s quality software
> from Germany ☺) mksh’s even got some sort of community (with
> people porting to even more weird platforms than I tried myself,
> users sending bugfixes, even developers of other shells jumping
> in every once in a while), mostly in IRC but also on a “faux”
> mailing list (Cc'd). It’s packaged for almost any modern OS with
> the exception of OpenBSD, who don’t like my nose or something.

Well it fails to compile on PI for me, though admitedly I haven't givent it
enough time maybe, also it's build system is not suckless, to say it lightly,
2.5K lines shellscript does not sound reasonable. This custom build system
might be responsible why I can not build it on PI, it fails to give any
reasonable error message, some compile time assertion fails, what a heck is
that.