Re: [dev] rio for linux

From: Jens Nyberg <jens.nyberg_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 09:25:04 +0200

I have never tried rio but if I were to design one today I would have a
simple synthetic filesystem that for each window multiplexes the
framebuffer which is basically how rio works I assume. For maximum
performance each instance would write its content directly to the
framebuffer in a linear fashion keeping track of its own width and height
constraints so it can not write outside its borders. This approach is
sufficient enough if you do not require compositions in software and would
be really fast and simple.